- Coordinated multiple Women’s Health clinical trials focusing primarily on Fertility, PCOS, and the management of Pre-Eclampsia (2009 - 2011)
- DONA approved Doula Training (2011)
- Midwifery Apprentice (2011 - 2012)
- Coordinated clinical trials focusing on heart disease, Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes with an emphasis on dietary and lifestyle intervention
- Certified Lactation Education Counselor (2015)
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Jennie Tavares of Arcana Healing Arts (2016)
- Y12SR Yoga for Recovery Training (2016)
- 45 Hour Level 1 Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Pranakriya (2016)
- Sea Change Trauma Sensitive Yoga Teacher Training (2017)
- 45 Hour Level 2 Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Pranakriya (2018)
- Reiki I Certification (2017)
- Reiki II Certification (2019)
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Margo Rosingana (2018)
- Pelvic Floor Yoga Teacher Training with Leslie Howard (2018)
- Barre Teacher Training with Elizabeth April (2018)
- Folk Herbalism Apprenticeship (2018 - ongoing)
- SEEN Mentorship with Birdsong Brooklyn (2019)
BS, CLEC, Doula (Dona trained), RYT200
Jackie’s passion for women’s health and wellness began during her time working as a Research Coordinator at Penn State’s College of Medicine on several Clinical Trials investigating infertility, PCOS, and other women’s health issues.
In 2011, Jackie moved to Maine with her husband to study Midwifery and further explore pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period. She had the privilege to serve numerous families during their births in a variety of diverse settings. It was this varied experience which has given her a unique perspective on how important it is for ALL families to have options and support regardless of their chosen birth environment or method.
Jackie believes that her greatest teacher, however, has been her daughter. It was during this time that she came to understand the “other side” of pregnancy and birth. Despite being elated, she also felt a huge disconnect between her body and mind. Always the student, Jackie sought out help and information from numerous sources during this period: educators, books, and movement instructors. It was this self exploration, that led Jackie to yoga and further into women’s wellness.
When she’s not in the studio, Jackie enjoys getting outside with her husband, Jordan and their two children. They can usually be found camping, hiking, exploring the islands of Maine, and stomping in puddles whenever time allows.
Jackie is excited to share her extensive knowledge and experience with the community of her adopted hometown: Portland, Maine.